A question that I get asked often is: Why should I have a social media page for my business?
I love this question because there are so many possibilities – so much that can be accomplished if you have a social media page (or two) for your business!
#1 Reason: Exposure.
- Social media gives you the opportunity to bring awareness of your business to an audience who may not know about you, your products and services.
- Google spiders social media business profiles and posts into its search engine.
- Implementing social media into your business’ marketing plan, you can establish that you’re the expert – the go-to-person for your niche.
- Social media also can bring more traffic to your web-store or website (think sales).
- Advertising on social media can be one of the most cost-effective ways for you to get your brand in front of your perfect customer, quickly and efficiently.
#2 Reason: Connections.
- Social media can help you to grow relationships and to make new connections, not just with your current customer-base, but with potential customers, possible collaborators and/or partners.
- Being able to connect with social media will give you the opportunity to interact in a way that you may not have the chance to offline. You may use social media as an extra opportunity for you to be a more familiar voice/brand to those that you already interact with.
- Keeping connected to those who follow or like your business on social media will allow you to keep your eyes and ears open to what your customers are saying, what they’re interested in, what they like or don’t like and other important factors that can help you to provide more value to them.
#3 Reason: Relationships.
- Interacting with those who follow your profiles through comments (yours and theirs) and messages (theirs).
- Using social media as a foundation to communicate, to become familiar with and to build trust with your followers. Do this just as you do when they walk into your brick and mortar business.
- Social media gives you another outlet to provide awesome customer service, to gather testimonials and to receive reviews.
- Creating curiosity by sharing the latest news, happenings, sales, events, products and services will help them to feel connected to your brand and likely will look forward to what’s coming in the future.
Why you shouldn’t use social media for your business?
Reason #1: You don’t want to incorporate it into your marketing plan.
Reason #2: Your customers are not there.
Reason #3: You don’t have time to figure out how to use it, either by learning it, understanding why it will or how it will work or you don’t want to hire someone or use a current staff member to implement it for you.
Utilizing social media for your business can open all kinds of doors for you, but you need to know how to use it, what your plan is for using it and how you’re going to get the results you want to achieve. Psst … I can help you with that last part, if you’re not sure how to make it happen. 🙂
So, what do you think? Why should you have social media profiles for your business? Tell me below!